POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gravity fun! (510 kbbu) : Re: Gravity fun! (510 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity fun! (510 kbbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Dec 2001 12:48:49
Message: <3C0E5E2A.C0112E46@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> I'm not sure I like what I hear. Are you implying that my particle system
> may not be good enough for NASA to use?

It might interest you that NASA once had serious problems with exactly
this problem, but i don't know the precise details, i just heard it
somewhere.

'drift' of the results is a common problem with simulation of such systems
so no need to feel bad about it. ;-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>