POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded) : DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded)
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 5 Dec 2001 12:28:43
Message: <3C0E5991.1050308@209software.com>
Ever since the early days of my first animations in POV, I would create
these great scenes with stunning effects, but I was always limited by
two things.

1. the animation files were huge, even for a few seconds of playtime at
the size of a postage stamp
2. only my friends with computers could enjoy them.

I started posting questions in these very newsgroups about finding a way
to record animations to VHS tape one frame at a time.  The answer was
sure, but the equipment will cost big $.

Now I hear that there are DVD-W drives and Movie Composition Software.
 I supposedly can create a storyboard and just import any video source
to create my movies.

Jadies and Lentlemen, our time has come.

I know the DVD-W drives are still pretty expensive, but it is now
feasible for us to do entire movies with (gasp) sound and everything,
and make it playable to ANYONE with a DVD player, not just on computers.
 I am going to devote some amount of time and money to making this
happen, and I know some of you will soon do the same.

In the course of this, it is likely that there will be questions that
need answering, like what studio software works the best for us POVers,
and what resolution(s) should we render at for the TV format... What
video hardware works well and even what flavor of Windows/Linux/Beos,
whatever makes the job easy.

Just for grins, who can I get a show of hands - who agrees, and how
should we keep each other informed about this stuff?  Or am I the only
one who wants to do DVD movies using POV?

BV