POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height fields.... : Re: height fields.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height fields....
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Dec 2001 11:20:02
Message: <3C0E4946.50D0CA34@gmx.de>

> > I seem to be having a wee bit o' difficulty in making a nice
> > heightfield.
>
> You are talking about isosurfaces - are you using 3.5 beta ? Perhaps there is
> everything ok with your method but something wrong with beta. IIRC there were
> some reports in bugreports about heighfield but I can't find it now. Show
> sources and/or image within apropriate group - perhaps somebody help.

There is nothing wrong with image maps in isosurfaces specifically, but
there are general problems with isosurfaces.

Concerning heightfields: It's a known bug in current 3.5 beta that png
output with 'hf_gray_16 on' is broken, apart from that i see nothing
preventing you from creating a smooth heightfileld, if you post a sample
(in p.b.i.) to show what's wrong i can say more.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>