POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thomas
Date: 4 Dec 2001 12:08:13
Message: <3C0D02D4.3E4F2C64@gmx.net>
<SNIP>

> Nope. What I was trying to say is that it's wiser to concentrate into
> optimizing a renderer than into adding more complex features. For
> example, radiosity,caustics,diffraction,etc etc... are complex topics
> that require hard work, but they are not really useful as they
> influence just a small number of images. Photorealistic renderman is
> not a raytracer, it doesn't have correct reflections as it uses

<SNIP>

No, more features please!!!!!! the render time is something that will be solved
automatically be new computers, it is easier and cheaper to buy a new machine every
so often then it is to change the source code each time. although network support
would be nice ofcourse :)

Thomas

ps. And remember even assembler might perform VERY bad on different processors of
the same family. Just look at RC5 on RS-64III