POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another demonstration of Particles : Re: Another demonstration of Particles Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another demonstration of Particles
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Dec 2001 03:24:40
Message: <3C0C87DB.86D3B0@gmx.de>

> Hmm, interesting. But I'm not sure what actual uses it has. It would
> probably look more interesting if you made an example animation of an actual
> use of the system.

I'll get at it tomorrow...

> I don't think it looks very natural. It doesn't look like the particles are
> thrown to their location, neither as if they are attracted to it. It looks
> like something is artificially moving them there. I think it's due to the
> speed and movement, which both seems to be linear.

Well, the time it takes each particle to move to the designated position is
for each and every one the same, so speed and direction are adjusted
to have them move.
It's just an example of what the system is also capable of, which I haven't seen

much of in other system (as already mentioned...)