POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : s-povray missing from Debian package? : s-povray missing from Debian package? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  s-povray missing from Debian package?
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 3 Dec 2001 14:24:56
Message: <3C0BD1D1.5DDAD6AB@ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us>
Maybe it's just the particular Linux distribution I use (Libranet, built
from Debian) but I don't find the command s-povray anywhere on my
system.   I _can_ run POVray by typing:
povray ... (w/arguments) in either an xterm or at console, but I can't
use the +D option unless I'm in an xterm (or Eterm or rxvt, whatever...)

Does anyone know if it's normal for the deb-packaged POVRay to exclude
the s-povray that can be run with the +D option at a console?  Should I
just purge the Deb package and reinstall from the official povlinux.tgz
?

--Mark