POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity-Simulation : Radiosity-Simulation Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity-Simulation
From: Tim Wenclawiak
Date: 2 Dec 2001 18:10:36
Message: <3C0AB46F.42D1EC45@gmx.de>
Well, I'm just a total newbie to the newsgroups, and I thought:
Hey, why not give it a try?

So here's an image a just created and which took some time to trace. I
like it,
since it is made with POV-Ray 3.1g (no beta downloaded yet) and does NOT

use radiosity. Instead, I simulated hemisphere-lighting using some
area-lights
(based on an idea from Roy Schulz which can be found at
http://roy.gmxhome.de/lighting.htm) and placing fading lights in the
glass-spheres
to have them "reflect" light in their color. I think it looks kinda
neat.
And, I also have to admit, that the CSG-Object was also inspired by the
lighting-
technique from Roy. It was just a first try on applying that technique.

Let's here some comments... ;)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sculpt3.jpg' (33 KB)