POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 8 : Re: Beta 8 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 8
From: Ken
Date: 1 Dec 2001 16:58:02
Message: <3C0952E8.C662F1EB@pacbell.net>
"Anders K." wrote:

> > It wasn't announced because we are not ready to announce it yet.
>
> Why was it on the website if it wasn't ready to be announced?

So that a few select people could have access to it to check it
for glaring mistakes before distributing 20,000 flawed beta copies
of POV-Ray to an unsuspecting public. Unfortunately, people like
you are a bit too eager for the next release and couldn't wait
for the official announcement. No real harm done this time but
you did announce it for us a little quicker than we would have
prefered. We would prefer you left the announcements to us to
make.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group