POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Testing pictures of animation : Re: Testing pictures of animation Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing pictures of animation
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Nov 2001 13:30:40
Message: <3C07D051.2E3C144@spiritone.com>
Martin Thoma wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I want to make an animation with different objects- and
> camera-positions. Whats the best way to test siglne pictures out of the
> animation? Okay, you could edit povray.ini and then redeclare the
> animation-variables:
> Initial_Frame = 10
> Final_Frame = 10
> Initial_Clock = 0.5
> Final_Clock = 0.5
>
> Is there a more comfortable way to do this?
>
> Martin

I usually replace the clock variable in various places in my script.

#declare Camera_Clock = 0; // or any value, or clock

then I can render any moment in time of my animation without turning
animation on.

SInce I tend to manipulate the clock variable a lot in an animation,
this works best for me.

Josh English