POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colour Clipping (from p.b-t) : Re: Colour Clipping (from p.b-t) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour Clipping (from p.b-t)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Nov 2001 12:59:03
Message: <3C07C8FF.5020903@ignorancia.org>
Lutz-Peter Hooge wrote:

> I know that problem. What I do, is not using values like <1,.5,0> but
> <1,.5,.01>. The advantage is, that when the color values get clipped, it
> will fade to white, instead to yellow, wich is more realistic
> (overexposed spots in photographs also usually become white).

  Yes, lights with one component being 0 do not seem to make much sense,
at least for simulating real bulb lights. If you convert to rgb the
color temperature values for common bulbs, you will see it...

  I also started to use very low fade_distance and very high intensities
to get the proper highlights, but then radiosity needs more quality. :(

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/