POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fur 2/2 (75k) : Re: fur 2/2 (75k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fur 2/2 (75k)
From: gemelli david
Date: 29 Nov 2001 03:18:29
Message: <3C05EF94.5060407@xlstudio.com>

>looks good! do you give any info your plugin and what is the technic to do
>fur

the plugin only exports the geometry in the form:
number of vertices,
<x0, y0, z0>,
<x1, y1, z1>,
number of normals,     // = nb faces * 3, it is uncompressed
<nx0, ny0, nz0>,
<nx1, ny1, nz1>,
number of colors,  // = nb faces * 3, it is uncompressed too...
<r0, g0, b0>,
<r1, g1, b1>,
number of faces,
<idv1_0, idv2_0, idv3_0>,
<idv1_1, idv2_1, idv3_1>,
that's all...I have a macro to read this and to store it in various
arrays, another macro to trace it as a mesh2 object, and a macro to add
fur on it....the solution I took for the fur is a cone...I did yesterday
at night a new version that allows to define a "gravity vector" and
various parameters for the maximum length of the "hair" so I can have
bended shapes...I didn't have time to do a nice render and to make the
hair looks good so...next time !

             David Gemelli