POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isotoroidophotophilia [54kbbu x2] : Isotoroidophotophilia [54kbbu x2] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Isotoroidophotophilia [54kbbu x2]
From: David Fontaine
Date: 26 Nov 2001 23:59:00
Message: <3C031E64.4997CEF@faricy.net>
Finally got those photon tori tweaked just how I want 'em after an hour
and a half playing around.  It looks like I should still lower the
spacing on the orange one, but it has plenty of room to grow before
seriously hogging resources.

The warped torus is an isosurface of course.  It looks semi-random but
is really distorted with a 19-cycle sinusoidal deviation of constant
magnitude from its central circular axis, the orientation of which
rotates 3 times per trip around the circular axis.  The relative
primeness of 3 (or 6) and 19 make it non-repeating.  :)

Attachments:
Download 'torus_photon.jpg' (55 KB) Download 'iso_torus_photon.jpg' (54 KB)

Preview of image 'torus_photon.jpg'
torus_photon.jpg

Preview of image 'iso_torus_photon.jpg'
iso_torus_photon.jpg