POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : People : Re: People Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 26 Nov 2001 07:48:44
Message: <3C0239BB.D354E6FE@scifi-fantasy.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:
> Did you look at Giles site?
> Did you see "Eve"?
> Are you still laughing?

No, no, yes.  In that order.

...the reason I'm laughing is because I have Poser 4,
and I cringe when I take the figure and raise the arm
above the head.  Deltoid and pectoral don't bend from
static positions.  They themselves change shape.  A
quick-and-dirty fix for that would be to have body
data for muscle-flexed positions and morph to those,
and a better fix would be to actually manipulate the
skin as though the muscles were acting.  But just
bending one dataset as though it were plastic?  No.
That's not even taking into consideration flesh
being pushed around by other chunks of flesh as in
the inside of the elbow when the arm is flexed.

I'll stop laughing/sobbing when those things are
corrected.  And they're not minor cosmetic issues.
They're integral into making a figure look real.
In fact, you can have a stick figure look more
realistic than a poser figure if you give it
basic muscle groups that move properly.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com