POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trombone : Re: Trombone Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trombone
From: David Fontaine
Date: 25 Nov 2001 21:50:10
Message: <3C01AEB8.24FA4213@faricy.net>
Martin Magnusson wrote:

> > It's very hard.
> Not very... Not if you compare to trumpets and clarinets and stuff anyway.
> It's just one slide to keep track of, and not a bunch of valves and things.

I imagine it's the amberture that's hard.  I play clarinet.  You blow
and it makes sound, it's pretty easy.  (Double-reed instruments are
another matter.)  Lots of keys are good too.  They keep you from having
to move quickly between notes or do awkward slides, because there's
(usually) a key nearby for the next note.  And a key or valve you just
press, unlike a trombone or violin where you have to find the right
spot.  (String players usually can't, that's why they do a tremolo.)