POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : water waves simulation (349k) : Re: water waves simulation (349k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water waves simulation (349k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Nov 2001 04:42:28
Message: <3BFE1A01.7A738073@gmx.de>
Apache wrote:

> In that case I'll have to start tweaking with isos, because I like lakes...

I just did a first test and it is very slow (30 minutes for the scene the
animation is made from, 512x384 with only 40 different waves)

> Where can I get (slightly readable) info about the distributions of sine
> frequencies and directions?

As I previously mentioned,  there is an implementation of this technique
in the latest issue of 'PC Magazin', together with some explanations.

> I downloaded 'wt_water.pov' from your website but it doesn't seem to work in
> PoV3.5 (release 7).
> The parses stops here: #declare fnRMF=function{"ridgedMF",<0.07, 2.2,  7,
> 0.6, 0.9>}
> because of this error: "Parse Error: Expected 'valid function expression', <
> found instead"
> Maybe I should download megapov for this to work?

The function syntax has changed so you have to convert it, just check the
3.5 docs for the details.  Reflection parameters will need to be adapted
too.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>