POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Text Output problems : Text Output problems Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Text Output problems
From: Thorsten
Date: 20 Nov 2001 01:15:17
Message: <3BF9F4D9.89A51370@ewetel.net>
Hello :-))

These problems happend on a P2-233, 96MB with W95 using the text output
options in an ini file:

Debug_File=true - echoes debug info text to RENDER.OUT
+GDfile - no file can be found
-GDfile - no file can be found

Fatal_File=true - echoes fatal info text to STATS.OUT
+GFfile - no file can be found
-GFfile - no file can be found

Render_File=true - echoes fatal info text to WARNING.OUT
GRfile - no file can be found
-GRfile -no file can be found

Statistic_File=true - echoes statistic info text to ALLTEXT.OUT
+GSfile - no file can be found
-GSfile - no file can be found

Warning_File=true - echoes warning info text to (a file named) STEVE A.
BENNETT
+GWfile - no file can be found
-GWfile - no file can be found

All_File=true - echoes all info texts to (a file named) DAVID K. BUCK
+GAfile - no file can be found
-GAfile - no file can be found

A strange sideeffect I noticed while using some comments in the ini
file...
Debug_File=true ; a comment
echoes the debug info text to a file named true.
By using yes, on and 1 I got files named yes, on and 1.
Debug_File=false ; a comment
echoes the debug info text to a file named false.
By using no, off and 0 I got files named no, off and 0.
This things also happen for the other text streams.

Another strange thing:
A scene file uses
#declare View_POV_Include_Stack = true;
Using All_File=true in the ini file produced this:
// start snippet
..including shapes.inc
.including consts.inc
including transforms.inc
including math.inc
...including strings.inc
.........including skies.inc
// end snippet

I wonder what caused the dots at the beginning of some lines.

Greetings :-))

Thorsten
(3.5beta7, various systems, windows)