POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More fun with scatter macro : Re: More fun with scatter macro Server Time
17 Aug 2024 02:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More fun with scatter macro
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Nov 2001 15:58:11
Message: <3BF97260.EA5A1F61@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> I've changed the core algorithm of the macro, nomore Reorient_Trans() and
> planes' normals but haevy use of Axis_Rotate_Trans. Some floating boxes are
> still there, but at least I got rid of the sinking ones. When the y_size
> (height) of the placed object is small, compared to the other sizes, the
> macro works wonderfully IMO (as you can see in the following examples named
> "cards" and "sticks").
>
> I don't think I'll go through all the physics stuff, since this is not meant
> to be a simulation and speed is a key factor (I must say that the new
> algorithm is a bit slower, but parse time is still under 2 minutes).
>
> BTW, what do you think? Does this look usefull-useless cool-boring?

I think it's very useful, of course including physics would be even
better, but difficult to do it correctly (apart from gravitation friction
would be important to consider too, not an easy task)

I thought about something similar for simulating stacks of wood like you
see in the forest when it's cut, maybe your macro can be modified to
simulate this too.

> Code will be posted ASA I find a free website where to put it on :)

Doesn't your ISP offer a webspace?  Free offers with advertisement banners
on the pages are often not that nice.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>