POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc - request for enhancement] texture warps tutorial : Re: [doc - request for enhancement] texture warps tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc - request for enhancement] texture warps tutorial
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Nov 2001 04:37:22
Message: <3BF78151.DD7ECDF7@gmx.de>
Alex Falappa wrote:

> Hi all.
> Reading the docs I noticed that the useful Christoph Hormann's radiosity
> tutorial has been included as a tutorial.
> I feel that the inclusion of the warp tutorial by the same author would
> prove extremely valuable too, It has helped me a lot to understand and grasp
> the power of those at first obscure elements of POV script language.

I think there are several reasons why it's not included, first it does not
cover the new mapping warps - the only change made to warps in 3.5.
Second there are many other tutorials around of similar kind and it's not
possible to include them all in the basic Povray distribution (which is
already quite large with 7.5 Mb).

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>