POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : .NET distributed POV : Re: .NET distributed POV Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .NET distributed POV
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 11 Nov 2001 03:05:22
Message: <3BEE314D.9723F235@free.fr>
"Rev. Bob 'Bob' Crispen" wrote:

> Somehow, I think the rush into C# may be something well short of a
> stampede.

I think it will happen, perhaps not as fast as Microsoft
marketing dreams of it.  Of course, everybody knows that
C# is roughly Java, but without those bastar-- err nice
people at Sun going to court everytime you try to "innovate".

I have not tried it, but know colleagues who have, and it
is a vast improvement over VB they say. This is actually
one of the few good technologies of .NET.

> Still, having learned Forth and the assembly language for several
> vanished machines, I don't suppose I can reasonably say that it's a bad
> idea to learn any programming language.

Why program when Microsoft and friends can do it for you?  ;-)
Just click there, please. And no, this is only possible to
do in the pro version...

Followup set to off-topic, but I don't read it, so mail me
directly if you prefer.

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/