POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : unix version 3.5 ? : Re: unix version 3.5 ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unix version 3.5 ?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Nov 2001 17:53:12
Message: <3BE71851.78C4223C@gmx.de>
Ron Parker wrote:

> That is correct.  I asked for some help from the pre-beta folks, but nobody
> replied so I looked elsewhere.  Given the amount of demand there is for a
> Linux version, you'd think it would be easier to find help with these things.

Although i could not find the relevant post i remember it was mainly about
the documentation, IIRC it was not clear what things exactly need to be
written.

Concerning a linux binary release, this would surely be nice, but what
requires beta testing is IMO not so much the binary but the whole
distribution (including scene/include files and install script etc.)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>