POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modernist House at Night : Re: Modernist House at Night Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modernist House at Night
From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 4 Nov 2001 15:22:18
Message: <3BE5A36D.4EB45A74@saber.net>
Hello, David,

> Did you use high ambient lighting?  I think the background is a little
> too bright, there should be more contrast where the lighted patches are.

I noticed the "too bright" background after the render started...duh!
"too late to fix it now!"  Render took about 8 hours ( pentium clone
chip, 16M RAM ).
Ambient light is whatever POV 3.01g defaults to...I will fiddle with
that on the next nighttime image.  I did notice that the tops of the
chimneys should be in very dark shadow in contrast to all the bright
lights (24 of them) inside.

Thanx for the comments.

Blessings,
          Brendan

--
Michael Brendan Hurley           ShadowDancerEnterprizes, LTD.
POV:  http://www.geocities.com/mbrendanh/index.html