POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: 3d modeler : Re: 3d modeler Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d modeler
From: Roz
Date: 4 Nov 2001 11:52:24
Message: <3BE57285.3090607@netscape.net>
Bas Leerintveld wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:38:43 +0200, Roz wrote:
>

>>You might want to check out Blender:
>>

> I don't like Blender, the UI is horrible; confusing on purpose, to boost
> the sale of Blender manuals. :-D

Blender does have a challenging UI but some people can do amazing things
with it (I'm not one of them though ;)  I think once a person got
familiar with it they'd see that there's actually a consistent
interface. But it's not easy to get used to Blender!

> TrueVision perhaps? Try http://truevision.sourceforge.net/
> If this list of features describes the current state of the project, it's
> not very useful yet, but the project is certainly more active then giram
> ( http://www.giram.org ), another modeler for GNOME.

TrueVision looks interesting. Anything that runs on Linux that supports
POV looks interesting to me ;)  The material editor in it looks good too!

Danial Matthews pointed out the following link in an earlier thread in
response to a linux gui for pov:

http://www.azweb.de/kpovmodeler/index.html

Could be worth checking out too!

-Roz