POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file : Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:07:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 4 Nov 2001 11:05:57
Message: <3BE5676E.AB11FD6@engineer.com>
JRG wrote:

> I mean, if I use pretrace_start 0.08 and pretrace_end 0.004 I get the mosaic
> preview. Shouldn't it be redundant?

I ment the other rad settings.

> > > 3) Why stopping and then resuming the render caused that discontinuity
> (with
> > > pretrace_start 1, pretrace_end 1, load_file and always_sample off this
> > > shoudn't occur)
> >
> > Same reason as 1).
>
> But I did stop and resume other radiosity scenes (with pretrace_start 1 and
> pretrace_end 1) without any problems... I think the problem here has
> something to do with reloading data or always_sample off that doesn't really
> work.

It works but when calculating the illumination from saved samples
different samples are used when rendering partial image. It could
be that there are samples just above the border which are used
for the top part of the image but not used when starting below
the border.

Kari Kivisalo