POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file : Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity & Glass take 2: load and save file
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 4 Nov 2001 08:24:46
Message: <3BE541A7.93B502F@engineer.com>
> 1) Why using load_file and always_sample off the render time is still much
> slower than without radiosity?

The rad illumination still has to be calculated from the rad samples.

> 2) Shouldn't you get the same results in spite of the settings used? (When
> you're using load_file).

Maybe, but the 15 years I have been using computer software have thought
me to be conservative when assuming anything about how they work. I don't
even believe the manuals. I have to see it. My instinct tells me to use
the same settings :)

> 3) Why stopping and then resuming the render caused that discontinuity (with
> pretrace_start 1, pretrace_end 1, load_file and always_sample off this
> shoudn't occur)

Same reason as 1).

Kari Kivisalo