POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and glass: utopia? : Re: Radiosity and glass: utopia? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and glass: utopia?
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 3 Nov 2001 12:50:54
Message: <3BE42E83.2713BC38@engineer.com>
JRG wrote:

> > Low res without aa is enough for the rad data.
>
> Even with high quality settings?

If you want to force rad sample for every pixel then
you must use final resolution but 1/2 - 1/3 resolution
should be enough for most scenes.

> > Close beta 7 before rendering with the saved data. It was
> > very slow when rendering right after saving the rad data.
>
> Hmm, is this a known bug of some sort?

I haven't reported this yet due to lack of minimal scene
but I think there is a "using load_file after save_file
causes slowdown" bug which may be related to "restarting
while in pretrace causes slowdown" bug.

The combined rendertime for the rad and final scenes
was 1/8th of the one pass render for my test scene.

Kari Kivisalo