POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : M over P - 1 attachment : Re: M over P - revision 2 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M over P - revision 2
From: Yadgar
Date: 2 Nov 2001 13:10:40
Message: <3BE1E4EE.D6941BC@ndh.net>
High! ;-)

Coridon Henshaw schrieb:

> Yadgar <j.b### [at] ndhnet> wrote in news:3BE17DEF.FC307C13@ndh.net:
>
> > Is your planet intended to have an atmosphere? If yes, then perhaps a
> > narrow seam of media along the horizon could be appropriate!
>
> <cough> Look closely at the limb on the left hand side.  Also look for the
> whispy dust clouds in the lower right.  The entire planet is contained in a
> media.

Yes, I see... but the moon is still completely featureless, as if it was
engulfed in a global dust storm, like Mars was back in 1971 at the arrival of
Mariner 9 (and also this year was... hoping the dust settles in the coming
months, otherwise bad luck for Odyssey Orbiter!)... sorry, but I just can't
keep back the astronomy/space flight geek in such a context!

By the way, which image map did you use for the planet? A real map of Mars?

> Anyhow, here's revision 2 -- at 1024x768x24bpp.
>
>  [Image]

The ship looks wicked... are the groups of three blue triangles on the hull
simply ambient 1 finish or is there more about them?

See you in Khyberspace - http://www.geocities.com/electricafghan/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://www.ndh.net/home/bleimann/

Yadgar