POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : splines and animation : Re: splines and animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:40:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines and animation
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 1 Nov 2001 16:05:45
Message: <3BE1B927.4E1A8E85@mitre.org>
"K. Lasse" wrote:

> K. Lasse <kla### [at] usacom> wrote in message
> > around the center of one of the spheres. Then attaching the camera's
> > position to the other sphere causes the camera to follow an arcing path.
> > Turn off the export of the spheres and you're set. Adding positional
>
> I've discovered that turning off the export for the spheres causes the
> animation plugin to "lose" the camera's attachment to the sphere (thought it
> works fine with individual stills). You gotta find another way to "hide" the
> spheres - the proper material or whatever.

That's no good.  I'll have to see what the problem is.

> Along a similar line: I've been longing for a way to gradually slow down the
> camera as it nears the end of its travel "path". Since there's no way to
> edit the "bias" (what it used to be called I think...) of an object's
> position relative to time yet, this is just a wish item. (You can do it in
> Blender, BTW, cause all the elements of an object's animation can be edited
> in what's called the IPO window. Xander, could something similar be done in
> the Timeline Editor? - don't know if you've used Blender much so this
> reference may be meaningless...)

You are right - no way to do that sort of thing in the current plugin
(short of adding keys and piecing thing together).

It's something I've thought about, but don't have a simple way to do
yet.  I'll add to the stack of things that really ought to get done.

Xander