POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? : Re: Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Oct 2001 11:56:46
Message: <3BE02D4D.137B24B5@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> It is because it was never documented anywhere so I assumed it was an
> inconsistent behavior in the code.  Nothing keeping me from adding it again,
> of course.

Great,

in fact it is documented in one sentence in the isosurface SDL part:

"When using only the evaluate keyword without max_gradient, POV-Ray will
try
to estimate a default max_gradient."

I could write some more things concerning 'evaluate' in the isosurface
tutorial as soon as the code for it is somehow 'definitive', in fact i
never liked that part as it is now, but i did not feel competent enough to
write something better.

Would that be a good idea?

Christoph

--