POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : photons and normal problem (~20k png) : Re: photons and normal problem (~20k png) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons and normal problem (~20k png)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Oct 2001 11:13:45
Message: <3BE02339.1204CAFE@gmx.de>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> I doubt it.  People would have expected photons to be the normal
> brightness... the probably just didn't notice the problem.  Actually, post
> people had photons only hitting flat (or nearly flat) objects, so it didn't
> matter.

Since it's usually hard to guess how bright photons should be, people will
usually just have accepted them being darker.

I remember photons in my water tunnel scene always seemed to be quite dim,
i will have to try it again with the fix as soon as i have time for that.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>