POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : erosion structures 2 (127k) : erosion structures 2 (127k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  erosion structures 2 (127k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Oct 2001 18:08:58
Message: <3BDDE180.B7B11090@gmx.de>
Finished this render today: 3 days, 21 hours.

I think i will not work much more on this particular setup, the sky surely
could use some improvements, but it's more interesting to try some
different shapes.

I followed R. Suzuki's suggestion to try using 'evaluate' to speed up the
render.  Although i don't have a direct comparison, i think it is
significantly faster.  Radiosity settings are slightly higher quality than
before.

The statistics show a number of DNoise calls being a new personal record
for me: nearly 257 billions, the previous maximum was 220 billions ;-)

What's probably more interesting is the histogram i generated for the
render, it can be found on:

http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/files/lnd_hist.png

It also shows that the horizon is not slower than the rest of the scene.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Attachments: