POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I tried .... I failed ... : Re: I tried .... I failed ... Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I tried .... I failed ...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Oct 2001 16:00:19
Message: <3BDDC362.2BFC0386@gmx.de>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> I thought I will try also such a radiosity image, but it seems I can't get
> the right parameters...
>
> I rendered it in 2h ...
>
> Peak memory was about 340MB...
> Therefore I needed to lower the count to
> I tried it with count=196 but my memory didn't agree with this idea ;)
>
> Any ideas, how to tweak the rad-settings ?
> Other comments ?

The settings are not well chosen.  With Povray 3.5 try starting with the
values in 'rad_def.inc' and change them if necessary.

Concerning your values:

- recursion_limit 3 can probably be decreased to at least 2.
- error_bound 0.05 is way too low for count 128 in such a scene (or try
increasing count a lot, but be aware of the memory requirements).

BTW, maybe consider posting a jpeg next time since this would be much
smaller.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>