POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Hallowe'en : Re: Happy Hallowe'en Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Hallowe'en
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 28 Oct 2001 17:28:57
Message: <3BDC86A9.3E50B21C@aol.com>
Steve wrote:

> Looks great, and for the type of scene that media skin works well.

You've discovered my terrible secret, heh heh. I have actually not had as
much luck getting scattering media to work as skin, as it is not far enough
away from the parent mesh for any scattering to take place. It is possible to
get some effect by multiplying the color vector by 100 or so, but is not as
friendly as emission-based skin, which, as you pointed out, works best on a
glowing demon.