POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Probs with glass and metal : Re: Probs with glass and metal Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probs with glass and metal
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 28 Oct 2001 14:29:03
Message: <3BDC5CC2.E5A2BC82@unforgettable.com>
Charles Panke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what I don't like in my picture is the metal, and the glass is not good
> either.
> Anyone has a tip?

The metal seems awfully bright to me, if it's meant to be polished
stainless steel or something similar. If reducing the ambient to 0 as
another poster suggested doesn't help, consider subtracting (current
diffuse value * reflection value) from the current diffuse (IOW, if the
metal has a diffuse of 1, and a reflection of .3, then make the diffuse .7).

-Xplo