POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function parameter bug : Re: Function parameter bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function parameter bug
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Oct 2001 06:10:14
Message: <3BDA8806.676946E0@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> > Since it's leagal to use declared variables in functions,
>
> When you *call* functions, not when you initiate them! At least it shouldn't
> be since it makes no sense at all.
>
> [...]

Surely also when you initiate them, and this makes a lot of sense.

I would find constructs like the following extremely irritating:

#declare V = 0.1;
#declare Myfunction = function (V, x) {V*x}
#declare Myfunction2 = function (x) {V*x}

I know macros work this way, but as Thorsten mentioned, they are something
completely different.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>