POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An Iittala glass : Re: An Iittala glass Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An Iittala glass
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 25 Oct 2001 11:03:07
Message: <3BD8377D.5050808@yahoo.fr>

> Hi,
>
> This is what a glass by Iittala (a Finnish glasscompany) looks like. Well
> not exactly, but close. I think it would look better if I got rid of the
> perspective thing(?). The glass is a cone, but not that much. I'm not
> familiar with those right, up, direction etc. in the camera. I always get
> weird results. Any advice?

This should help if I understood your problem correctly (and made no
error) :

#declare Vertigo=3; /* the more vertigo, the less perspective (zooms in
and set the camera farther */

camera {
  right x*image_width/image_height
  location  (<-0.4,7.5,-6>-<-0.4,1.5,0>)*Vertigo

   direction Vertigo*z

  look_at   0

   translate <-0.4,1.5,0>

}