POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Birdbath : Re: Birdbath Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Birdbath
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Oct 2001 05:14:31
Message: <3BD29219.28398C5C@gmx.de>
25ct wrote:

>   Hi folks,
>
>                 haven't been around for a while, I've been glued to this
> scene and I guess it's my first serious try, (learnt a lot from doing this
> one).
>
>   Firstly, it's a 3.1 scene, but when I rendered it in 3.5 b6 it turned out
> a lot darker than the 3.1 render, any idea's why?

If you use radiosity, you will have to expect very different results.

>  1)  How can I get a nice glow around the street lamp emanating downwards?

Scattering media would be a good idea, light fading is important too since
this would make the surrounding of the lamp much brighter in relation to
the foreground.

> 2)  I'd also like to get the headlights on the cars coming down the valley
> to 'beam'.
>       Any idea's?

Again try media (and spotlights), if you want to avoid additional light
sources you can also try emitting media, although this will probably be
less realistic.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>