POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prehistoric colonist ship habitation module parlor revisited (JPG 400x300, 44 KB) : Prehistoric colonist ship habitation module parlor revisited (JPG 400x300, 44 KB) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Prehistoric colonist ship habitation module parlor revisited (JPG 400x300, 44 KB)
From: Yadgar
Date: 19 Oct 2001 14:20:36
Message: <3BD06DA5.813D7190@ndh.net>
Hi tracers!

In order to smooth out the grainy appearance of the parlor walls' normal
when hit by light at a low angle, I lowered its bump_size
from 0.1 to 0.01, and in fact, it looks better in this respect now. But
there is still the problem of the strangely vertically striated
structure in the wall texture - the wall object isn't scaled at all, and
even if it was so, I would have applied the texture only after scaling.
I'm quite sure that the effect doesn't depend on the light source, using
area_lights instead of ordinary point lights makes no difference.  Any
suggestions?

See you in Khyberspace -
http://www.geocities.com/electricafghan/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://www.ndh.net/home/bleimann/

Yadgar

Now playing: Can't buy me Love, The Beatles

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'colship005.jpg' (44 KB)

Preview of image 'colship005.jpg'