POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flood of Blood (1.24 mb) : Re: Flood of Blood (1.24 mb) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flood of Blood (1.24 mb)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 18 Oct 2001 02:44:59
Message: <3BCE7721.14B3AD2B@yahoo.com.au>
I recently decided to do my own (unfinished) particle system (when it's done,
I might call it... the wheel :), so that I can do this sort of effect. I have
found that a block map is tolerably fast even when checking the contents of 27
cells.
    Getting the effect of cubes ignoring one another can occur if you only check
one cell, but this behaviour is dependent on the relative magnitudes of the
particle-particle interactions, and their velocities.
    I hope your system is entertaining you JRG, I know mine is.

MJL