POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Camera is off by half a pixel : Re: Camera is off by half a pixel Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera is off by half a pixel
From: John VanSickle
Date: 17 Oct 2001 16:28:31
Message: <3BCDEB8C.FD3D922C@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:

> Norbert Kern <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

>   The fact that it has always been that way doesn't make it the right
> behaviour...
>   Perhaps some consideration should be given to this issue.

It isn't painfully obvious on large images, but when I was working on
"Showbots" (IRTC entry from last year), I was rendering some scenes at
40x30 (to accomplish the digital censoring), and the shift was
definitely perceptible.  I worked around it by adjusting the camera
angle, but there's got to be a better way.

I would venture to say that the centerpoint of the screen is always
rounded up or down, instead of being left at, say, (319.5,239.5),
which is where it should be for a 640x480 screen.

--
ICQ: 46085459