POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [bug]: radiosity sampling, with fix method. : Re: [bug]: radiosity sampling, with fix method. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [bug]: radiosity sampling, with fix method.
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 17 Oct 2001 14:23:29
Message: <3BCDCCA1.7D5DB489@engineer.com>
Michael Andrews wrote:

> I'm posting the same file run on original MegaPov, my modified MegaPov
> and v3.5b6. I'll put them as a reply to my previous post on p.b-t.b.

Thanks.

There are less artefacts but the ceiling and front side of the small
box differ visibly. I would have expected the new image to more closely
match the Cornell reference image but it doesn't. Maybe some other
part of the code relies on the samples being taken the old way.

> There seems to be a major fix on the spotlight code between MegaPov and
> 3.5;

This why I had to use strange tightness value to get something
close to cosine falloff from MP spotlight.

Kari Kivisalo