POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] : Re: Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB]
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 16 Oct 2001 17:02:57
Message: <3BCCA08D.B3A8C95D@aol.com>
Glen Berry wrote:

> >How would it look if you used a second mesh that was just a little
> >smaller than the first, so it would fit inside. Color this second mesh
> >an opaque "bone white", and try to simulate the skull.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the subsurface scattering
website, that a skin texture would need to be a media "shell" on top of an
opaque model. I really think this may be worth checking out. Can someone
please post Kari's original milk material? I may actually get some use out
of that moldy copy of Poser 4...