POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : how to make snake-like movement? : Re: how to make snake-like movement? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:59:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to make snake-like movement?
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 16 Oct 2001 11:04:12
Message: <3BCC4C78.5DB55198@aol.com>
> Hi sshelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I would like to be able to create a chain of  spheres in Moray that could be
> > moved in a snake-like fashion.
> I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean when you say that they
> should then be moved in a snake-like fashion? Do you want to animate
> them?

There is a Moray plugin by Mike Weber called B-Spline that is available in the
Plugins section of the Moray home page. It allows you to define a spline by moving
control points and will create a string of objects along that path. Sphere is one
of the objects. I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it
might be worth a look.