POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to speed up renderings with many light sources? : Re: How to speed up renderings with many light sources? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up renderings with many light sources?
From: Yadgar
Date: 14 Oct 2001 10:46:38
Message: <3BC99FC6.63DC3287@ndh.net>
Lutz-Peter Hooge schrieb:

> In article <3BC8BF65.7C9ED022@ndh.net>, j.b### [at] ndhnet says...
>
> > 30 min! What do you suggest to accelerate rendering - should I refrain
> > from using area lights? Or is there any chance to speed it up and still
> > keep the area lights?
>
> Probably not every light affects the whole ship, right? So light_groups
> should be a good idea...
>
> Lutz-Peter

light_groups? Never heard of them (I'm still using 3.1g)...

On the other hand, of couse I put the raw light sources (upright neon
cylinders attached to the habitation module's inner parlor walls) all
together into a union (habitation_module_parlor_lamp_raw_ring_stack)... is
this what you mean?

See you in Khyberspace -
http://www.geocities.com/electricafghan/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://www.ndh.net/home/bleimann/