POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Tribulations : Re: Isosurface Tribulations Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Tribulations
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Oct 2001 04:36:46
Message: <3BC6AB9D.2CE1D1B3@gmx.de>
banty wrote:

>     I've been trying to aquaint myself with the isosurface functions in
> PoV 3.5, but as I go through the tutorials I keep getting strange
> results from the functions they tell me to input, results which don't
> show up un the example pictures.  I also get black moire like patterns
> in the surface of the rendered objects.
>     Is this a bug or is it a difference in operators between Pov 3.5 and
> mega pov?

It's neither a bug nor a difference.  You have to specify a correct
max_gradient value like it is mentioned in the docs (section 3.4.4.7 and
6.5.4.5.3).

If you are trying to render the functions in the 3.5 docs, make sure you
add a higher max_gradient than default for the later functions (it's also
mentioned in the text).

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>