POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1) : Re: is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Oct 2001 06:38:37
Message: <3BBEE00B.2E13A766@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> max_gradient problems are far more likely, I agree. There poped up just
> another one in p.b.p-t. Perhaps Warp should also mention that it's a good
> idea to make the container object as small as possible, since you can lower
> max_gradient with a smaler container wuite a bit and things will speed up.

I don't think a smaller container can reduce required max_gradient (unless
the high gradient only occurs outside the smaller container object).

Making container objects as small as possible should be quite obvious.
It's also mentioned in detail in the documentation, so i don't think it's
required to put it in the FAQ unless Warp wants to make a general
'isosurface speed' section.

> You think, that's a bug? I would say it's a user error.

I would not say it's a bug, but it could be that the isosurface code can
be modified to avoid it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>