POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1) : Re: is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is this a bug? (~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Oct 2001 15:17:35
Message: <3BBE0827.BE2E41F3@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> Because in my opinion those artefacts are not always caused by an inaccurate
> max_gradient. Esp. those where big parts are missing or disappearing seems
> to me more like an inaccurate accuracy then a max_gradient problem (which
> are those black spots like in the scene the thread started with). I may be
> wrong in this, but that's how I experienced it in the past.

Accuracy just influences how small details are visible, lower values lead
to more detailed surfaces and usually require higher max_gradient.  Just
try it, the default value of 0.001 is quite low, if you use for example
0.1 on a RMF function isosurface, you will get a not very detailed
surface.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>