POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: First Flow Take2 : Re: First Flow Take2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Flow Take2
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 4 Oct 2001 07:08:26
Message: <3BBC4333.4D8BBCE3@atosorigin.com>
JRG wrote:

> Just added a sphere to make things a bit more interesting. The effect is far
> from being perfect, and you should notice some *errors*. The problem is that
> I can't find anything wrong in the algorithm, ya know, you look at the code,
> say "this must work", and yet something goes wrong... it's frustrating.
> PS : the tube is not part of the *environment*, so the errors I'm referring
> to are not the blob components passing through it.
>
> Comments and suggestions are still welcome.

It looks great !
It's obviously not water, but find a liquid with a high surface tension,
so that it does not wet the environment and that's it.
It also seems to be rather super-fluid... Liquid Hydrogen ? Quicksilver ?

My only regret is that there is nearly no continuous flow:
 there is a opening phase, and a ending one, but no long lasting flow.

And I do not understand where the flow goes.