POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Increased memory use in 3.5 : Increased memory use in 3.5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Increased memory use in 3.5
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 2 Oct 2001 15:28:21
Message: <3BBA15ED.66A08285@ibras.dk>
I don't know if this is a bug, a feature or just me overlooking a change
in default setting, but I have seen that the same scene uses a lot more
memory when rendered with 3.5b4 than with 3.1g. Have anybody else
noticed that, too?

The scene I'm working on currently uses 167MB in 3.1 and 339MB in 3.5. I
have tried a couple of other scenes, and the increase in peak memory use
is between 1.5x and 2x.

Windows NT4 SP6, PIII and Athlon, v. 3.5b4

/Ib