POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Q: Ambidextrous? : Re: Q: Ambidextrous? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:56:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Ambidextrous?
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 28 Sep 2001 16:12:32
Message: <3BB4D9AE.F2C4AAC8@mitre.org>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> With the low-level buzz of the possibility of a new version of Moray I
> thought I would bring up a topic that has long bugged me, I know this is
> probably a very old quip and I don't want to start some flame war here, but
> I have to ask. Just why is it that Moray has to use the right handed
> coordinate system when Pov-Ray uses a left handed system?

This is a pretty common misconception about POV-Ray.  It (POV-Ray)
happily takes whatever coordinate system you feed it (if you define your
look direction, up/right).

Just because there are a whole bunch of scene files that like to use the
positive z axis as the direction you are looking and y as up, don't
think that POV-Ray is somehow limited.

Personally, I can't quite see the problem.  If you are modelling in
Moray, then when you click the render button, POV-Ray makes an image
that looks kinda like what you were modelling.  Get out of your rut...

Xander