POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : JPEG question : Re: JPEG question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG question
From: Dean
Date: 26 Sep 2001 01:50:43
Message: <3BB16BB7.A4AD91F@twoalpha.net>
Ron

You are correct, POV will recognize either extension.  The problem is with the
format of the jpg I am using.
Each file that failed would open in all other viewers I have but not in POVray.
Re-saving the JPG from the graphics program seemed to fix the read error but the
textures had errors 'corrupt JPEG data'   X extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb.

The JPG textures had a section that was off set  by about one unit between tiles.
Not sure yet if this is a bug or a mistake I made converting the texture.  The
converted JPG still reads fine in the other program and renders OK in an Open GL
environment.

I will post a picture in the binaries forum under the same thread heading.

Thanks
Dean